Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
The smoothie for reduced risk and treatment of Crohn's disease
Yield: 2 servings (about 8 ounces each)
1 cup grape
1/2 cup apple
1 cup green tea drink (Make from 4 grams of green tea, and a cup of hot water lipped for 5 minutes. Set aside for cooling to room temperature)
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree about 1 minute
2. Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until the mixture is thick and the ice is well crushed. Add more green tea drink if needed
3. Serve immediately
The finding the natural ingredients for improvement of Crohn's disease is considered as a dream of many scientist. Unfortunately, many compounds found effective in initial studying failed to confirm the potential in large sample size and multi center. Some even produce conflicted results in second and further studies.
Crohn's disease is a condition of inflammatory bowel diseases(IBD), effecting any part ( from the mouth to the end of the rectum) of gastrointestinal diseases. Childhood immunological, hygiene and dietary intake are environment factors associated to the development of IBD(1).
Scientist at the some research centers may have found the way to reduce risk and treatment of bowel inflammatory disease such as Crohn's disease. Green tea(2), Grape(5) and pumpkins(1) may be one of the findings with potential and pharmaceutical ingredients.
Green tea has been a precious drink in traditional Chinese culture and used exceptional in socialization for more than 4000 thousand years. Due to its commercial values and health effects, green tea now has been cultivated all over the world in suitable climate.
According to the study by the Fachpraxis für Innere Medizin und Gastroenterologie,, green tea, epigallocathechin gallate and apigenin inhibited proinflammaory cytokines, chemokines and activated immune cells in vivo and in vitro(2).
Dr. Melgarejo E and colleagues at the Universidad de Málaga and CIBER de Enfermedades Raras (CIBERER), said," Bioactive compound epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a major component of green tea, ... have potent anti-inflammatory, anti-tumoral, and anti-angiogenic effects and to be a potent inhibitor of the histamine-producing enzyme, histidine decarboxylase"(3).In support of the effects of green tea in reduced risk and treatment of Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) including Crohn's disease (CD), the University of Bradford suggested, " flavonoids (found in green tea) could be very effective in the treatment of oxidative stress and encouraged in the diet of IBD patients"(4)
Resveratrol, the major chemical compound found in grape prohibited that stricture formation in Crohn's disease by exhibiting the decrease of intestinal smooth muscle cell numbers through cell cycle arrest and apoptosis(5). According to the The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, as a polyphenol, resveratrol, also have potential against various pro-inflammatory diseases, including Crohn's disease(6).
In animal model, resveratrol treatment reduce inflammation and hereby to increase resistance to the development and progression of bowel inflammatory effect through its strong antioxidants and inhibitorsof cytokines(7).
Other phytochemical including naringenin found abundantly in apple may be aonther potential polyphenol against various pro-inflammatory diseases(6) through modulating the TNF-mediated inflammatory response, including cell death, survival, differentiation, proliferation and migration(8) against these pro-inflammatory diseases(9).
This finding of the effectiveness of Green Tea and grape and apple phytochemicals may serve as cornerstones of pharmaceutical target for further studies in production of a potential medication for reduced risk and treatment of Crohn's disease with little or no adverse effects.
People who are at high risk of Crohn's disease due to family history,..... should drink at least one serving daily and people with Crohn's disease should drink the smoothie as much as they can, depending to digestive toleration.
Life style and dietary pattern change are recommended.
All Forms of Arthritis are Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to General health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/general-health.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Environmental risk factors in inflammatory bowel disease: a population-based case-control study in Asia-Pacific by Ng SC1, Tang W1, Leong RW2, Chen M3, Ko Y2, Studd C4, Niewiadomski O4, Bell S4, Kamm MA5, de Silva HJ6, Kasturiratne A6, Senanayake YU6, Ooi CJ7,Ling KL7, Ong D8, Goh KL9, Hilmi I9, Ouyang Q10, Wang YF10, Hu P3, Zhu Z3, Zeng Z3, Wu K11, Wang X11, Xia B12, Li J12, Pisespongsa P13, Manatsathit S14,Aniwan S15, Simadibrata M16, Abdullah M16, Tsang SW17, Wong TC18, Hui AJ19, Chow CM20, Yu HH21, Li MF21, Ng KK22, Ching J1, Wu JC1, Chan FK1, Sung JJ1; Asia-Pacific Crohn's and Colitis Epidemiology Study ACCESS Group.(PubMed)
(2) [Anti-inflammatory effects of tea-flavonoids].[Article in German] by Hoensch H1, Oertel R.(PubMed)
(3) Targeting of histamine producing cells by EGCG: a green dart against inflammation? by Melgarejo E1, Medina MA, Sánchez-Jiménez F, Urdiales JL.(PubMed)
(4) Flavonoids inhibit the genotoxicity of hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2)) and of the food mutagen 2-amino-3-methylimadazo[4,5-f]-quinoline (IQ) in lymphocytes from patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) by Najafzadeh M1, Reynolds PD, Baumgartner A, Anderson D.(PubMed)
(5) Resveratrol causes cell cycle arrest, decreased collagen synthesis, and apoptosis in rat intestinal smooth muscle cells by Garcia P1, Schmiedlin-Ren P, Mathias JS, Tang H, Christman GM, Zimmermann EM.(PubMed)
(6) Downregulation of tumor necrosis factor and other proinflammatory biomarkers by polyphenols by Gupta SC1, Tyagi AK1, Deshmukh-Taskar P1, Hinojosa M1, Prasad S1, Aggarwal BB2.(PubMed)
(7) Plant-derived health: the effects of turmeric and curcuminoids by Bengmark S1, Mesa MD, Gil A.(PubMed)
(8) TNF-mediated inflammatory disease by Bradley JR1.(PubMed)
(9) Downregulation of tumor necrosis factor and other proinflammatory biomarkers by polyphenols by Gupta SC1, Tyagi AK1, Deshmukh-Taskar P1, Hinojosa M1, Prasad S1, Aggarwal BB2.(PubMed)