Socrates Said," Let foods be your medicine and let medicine be your foods". Let us all practice the values of the past wisdom to build a letter living and living health while we enjoy the delicious drinks
Monday, December 21, 2015
The Marvelous Smoothie of Green tea and Blue berry for Prevention and Treatment of Depression
Kyle J. Norton(Scholar)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
The smoothie for people with Depression and high risk of the syndrome
Yield: 2 serving (about 8 ounce each)
1 1/2 cups blue berries
1 cup green tea drink (Make from 4 grams(2 tea bags) of green tea, a slice of ginger and a cup of hot water lipped for 5 minutes, and set aside for cooling to room temperature)
1. Place the blue berries and green tea in a blender and puree about 1 minute
2. Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until the mixture is thick and the ice is well crushed.
3. Serve immediately
The combination of green tea and berries recently have drawn attention of the science community as their phytochemicals catechins and Anthocyanins have shown effectively in attenuate depressive symptoms in animal model study(1).
Green tea has been a precious drink in traditional Chinese culture and used exceptional in socialization for more than 4000 thousand years. Due to its commercial values and health effects, green tea now has been cultivated all over the world in suitable climate.
The drink has showed to exhibit antidepressive-like effects through its anti-oxidant phenolic compounds, epidemiological studies suggested(2).
In the study of total of 2006 Japanese employees aged 19-69 years, dietary intake played an impotant role for the development of depressive symptoms. Employees who drink green tea and fruits daily are associated with fewer depressive symptoms(3).
According to the cupuncture and Meridian Science Research Center, long term catechins oral administration reduce the expression of dysregulation in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis of that improved symptoms like depression and anxiety(5).
Dr. Trebatická J and Dr. Ďuračková Z in the study of the prevalence of psychiatric disorders permanently increases said, "Polyphenols in the diet have the potential to become medicaments in the field of mental health after a thorough study of their mechanism of action" of that include green tea phytochemicals(4).
Blueberry is a flower plant, belong to the family Eriaceae and native to Northern America. The berries now is become commercial cultivation crops in northern Russia, China, and Japan because of its health benefits induced by anthocyanins, proanthocyanidins and other flavonoids(6).
Methanol extract containing anthocyanins (MHR) (30 and 100 mg/kg) and anthocyanidins (AHR), according to the study by the MGV's Pharmacy College, exhibited potential antidepressant activity through dopaminergic, noradrenergic and serotonergic effects(7).
Berry anthocyanins reduced elevation of the expression monoamine oxidases (MAO) A and B in causation of depression, anxiety, and neurodegenerative disease, the University of Regensburg suggested(8)
This finding of the effectiveness of Green Tea catechins and blueberry Anthocyaninsa may serve as cornerstones of pharmaceutical target for further studies in production of a potential medication for treatment of depression with little or no adverse effects.
People who are at high risk of depression due to chronic diseases should drink at least one cup daily and people with depression should drink the smoothie as much as they can, depending to digestive toleration.
All Forms of Arthritis are Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to General health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/general-health.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Natural products, micronutrients, and nutraceuticals for the treatment of depression: A short review by Nabavi SM, Daglia M, Braidy N, Nabavi SF.(PubMed)
(2) Antidepressive-like effects and antioxidant activity of green tea and GABA green tea in a mouse model of post-stroke depression by Lorenzo AD1, Nabavi SF2, Sureda A3, Moghaddam AH4, Khanjani S4, Arcidiaco P5, Nabavi SM2, Daglia M1.(PubMed)
(3) Dietary patterns derived by reduced rank regression (RRR) and depressive symptoms in Japanese employees: The Furukawa nutrition and health study by Miki T1, Kochi T2, Kuwahara K3, Eguchi M2, Kurotani K4, Tsuruoka H2, Ito R2, Kabe I2, Kawakami N5, Mizoue T4, Nanri A4.(PubMed)
(4) Psychiatric Disorders and Polyphenols: Can They Be Helpful in Therapy? by Trebatická J1, Ďuračková Z2.(PubMed)
(5) Chronic administration of catechin decreases depression and anxiety-like behaviors in a rat model using chronic corticosterone injections by Lee B1, Sur B, Kwon S, Yeom M, Shim I, Lee H, Hahm DH.(PubMed)
(6) Berry fruits as a source of biologically active compounds: the case of Lonicera caerulea by Svarcova I1, Heinrich J, Valentova K.(PubMed)
(7) Antidepressant-like activity of anthocyanidins from Hibiscus rosa-sinensis flowers in tail suspension test and forced swim test by Shewale PB1, Patil RA, Hiray YA.(PubMed)
(8) Berry anthocyanins and their aglycons inhibit monoamine oxidases A and B. by Dreiseitel A1, Korte G, Schreier P, Oehme A, Locher S, Domani M, Hajak G, Sand PG.(PubMed)