Socrates Said," Let foods be your medicine and let medicine be your foods". Let us all practice the values of the past wisdom to build a letter living and living health while we enjoy the delicious drinks
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Research attributed to Kyle J. Norton, The Smoothie Recipe of Tangerine peels and Grapes For Lung Cancer
Kyle J. Norton(Scholar)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
The smoothie for people with lung cancer and high risk of the disease
Yield: 2 serving (about 8 ounce each)
1 1/2 cups grapes of any kind with seeds
1 medium tangerine peels
1 cup rice milk
1. Place the grapes, tangerine peels, rice milk, in a blender and puree about 1 minute
2. Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until the mixture is thick and the ice is well crushed.
3. Serve immediately
Recent studies suggested that tangerine peels and grape skin and seeds may have a potential effect on treatment of patient with lung cancer.
Lung cancer is defined as a condition of the abnormal growth of the cells in the lung's tissue. Most common form of primary lung cancers are derived from epithelial cells. In Us, Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths, causing 158,683 people deaths, including 88,329 men and 70,354 women, according to 2007 statistic.
Tangerine, one of the winter fruits found on Chinese New year represent prosperity and good fortune, now has been cultivated all over the world in suitable climate for commercial and health benefits. The peel of the fruit also has been recorded in Chinese herbal medicine over thousand of years for treatment of respiratory diseases, including cough, asthma,.........
Epidemiological study suggested that Tangeretin has long been found to consist the ability in inhibition of apoptosis of human gastric cancer AGS cells through extrinsic and intrinsic signaling pathways (such as P53 antigen and caspase activation).
Tangeretin, a major phytochemicals in tangerine peels, in vitro and in vivo exhibited anti lung cancer effects through induced CL1-5 cell apoptosis and autophagy and inhibited NSCLC cell proliferation, and induce G(2)/M phase arrest and via the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway and autophagy(1)
"By interference of the cancer cell division and destruction of the function of new cell formation in mitochondrial apoptotic pathway involved the The Bcl-2 family of proteins" Kyle J. Norton said " The finding of tangeretin may provide us a natural sources for treatment of lung with little or no adverse effect".
In support of the finding, Dr. Charoensinphon N and the research team at the University of Massachusetts suggested, in comparison of the effects of Tangeretin (TAN) and 5-demethyltangeretin (5DT) on three human nonsmall cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cells, 5DT inhibited NSCLC cell growth by inducing G2/M cell cycle arrest and apoptosismuch stronger than the phytochemical TAN(2).
Other study also insisted that the effectiveness of the phytochemicals for treatment of lung cancer in tangerine peel may be associated to the suppression of inflammation and cell proliferation in the Nuclear factor-κB (NF-κB) family and certain signaling proteins(5).
Grape skin and seeds contains many concentrations, including vitamin E, flavonoids, linoleic acid,oligomeric proanthocyanidins(OPCs), etc..The herb has been used in traditional medicine as antioxidant, anti-inflammatory agents.
Resveratrol, an phytochemical found abundantly in grape seed and skin is a class of Stilbenoids. Epidemiologically, the antioxidant has found effectively for treatment many types of cancer(6) including prostate cancer(7).
Dr. Zhu Y and the research team at the Genomic Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic indicated the effects of resveratrol for treatment of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients with activating EGFR mutations, probably through induction of cell apoptosis, autophagy, cell cycle arrest and senescence accompanied by increased expression of anti inflammation and proliferation pathways(8).
Analogue of resveratrol, (Z)3,4,5,4'-trans-tetramethoxystilbene (TMS), also inhibited gefitinb-resistant non-small cell lung cancer through inducing apoptosis and autophagy via mediation of calcium signaling pathway(9).
Other studies in supports of the above include the joint study lead by the Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown,showed that resveratrol inhibits lung cancer cells, through activation of GADD45α in induction of cancer cell suicide(10). Dr. Sancho M and Dr. Mach N said," The wine polyphenols plays a significant role as antioxidant and prooxidant in cancer, although more extensive studies are required to determine the clinical significance in humans"(11).
" The combination of tangerine and grape smoothie may hold a key to reduce risk for people who are at higher risk of lung cancer as well as for treatment of patient who have already developed the disease" Mr. Kyle J. Norton said, " people with lung cancer in any stage should drink as much as they can, depending to the digestive toleration"
All Forms of Arthritis are Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
(1) Tangeretin Derivative, 5-Acetyloxy-6,7,8,4'-tetramethoxyflavone Induces G2/M arrest, Apoptosis and Autophagy in Human Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Cells In vitro and In vivo(PubMed)Li YR1, Li S2, Ho CT3, Chang YH1, Tan KT1,4, Chung TW5, Wang BY6, Chen YK7, Lin CC1.
(2) 5-demethyltangeretin inhibits human nonsmall cell lung cancer cell growth by inducing G2/M cell cycle arrest and apoptosis by Charoensinphon N1, Qiu P, Dong P, Zheng J, Ngauv P, Cao Y, Li S, Ho CT, Xiao H.(PubMed)
(3) Tangeretin, a citrus polymethoxyflavonoid, induces apoptosis of human gastric cancer AGS cells through extrinsic and intrinsic signaling pathways by Dong Y1, Cao A2, Shi J3, Yin P2, Wang L2, Ji G4, Xie J4, Wu D2.(PubMed)
(4) Tangeretin enhances radiosensitivity and inhibits the radiation-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition of gastric cancer cells by Zhang X1, Zheng L1, Sun Y1, Wang T2, Wang B3(PubMed)
(5) Tangeretin suppresses IL-1beta-induced cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 expression through inhibition of p38 MAPK, JNK, and AKT activation in human lung carcinoma cells by Chen KH1, Weng MS, Lin JK.(PubMed)
(6) Fighting cancer with red wine? Molecular mechanisms of resveratrol by Kraft TE1, Parisotto D, Schempp C, Efferth T.(PubMed)
(7) Resveratrol regulates the PTEN/AKT pathway through androgen receptor-dependent and -independent mechanisms in prostate cancer cell lines by Wang Y1, Romigh T, He X, Orloff MS, Silverman RH, Heston WD, Eng C.(PubMed)
(8) Resveratrol overcomes gefitinib resistance by increasing the intracellular gefitinib concentration and triggering apoptosis, autophagy and senescence in PC9/G NSCLC cells by Zhu Y1, He W1, Gao X1, Li B1, Mei C1, Xu R1, Chen H1.(PubMed)
(9) (Z)3,4,5,4'-trans-tetramethoxystilbene, a new analogue of resveratrol, inhibits gefitinb-resistant non-small celllung cancer via selectively elevating intracellular calcium level by Fan XX1, Yao XJ1, Xu SW1, Wong VK1, He JX2, Ding J3, Xue WW4, Mujtaba T5, Michelangeli F5, Huang M3, Huang J2, Xiao DK2, Jiang ZB1, Zhou YL1, Kin-Ting Kam R6, Liu L1, Lai-Han Leung E1.(PubMed)
(10) CArG-driven GADD45α activated by resveratrol inhibits lung cancer cells by Shi Q1, Geldenhuys W2, Sutariya V3, Bishayee A4, Patel I5, Bhatia D5.(PubMed)
(11) [Effects of wine polyphenols on cancer prevention].[Article in Spanish] by Sancho M1, Mach N2.(PubMed)