Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
The smoothie for people with high risk Insomnia
Yield: 2 servings (about 8 ounces each)
1/2 cups pineapple
1/2 cup orange
1/2 cup banana
1 cup of rice milk
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree about 1 minute
2. Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until the mixture is thick and the ice is well crushed. Add more green tea drink if needed
3. Serve immediately
The finding the natural ingredients for treatment of insomnia is considered as a dream of many scientist to replace the long usage adverse effect of conventional medicine to other organs in the body.
Unfortunately, many compounds found effective in initial studying failed to confirm the potential in large sample size and multi center.
Recent studies suggested that combination of kiwifruit(1) may hold a key of ingredients for reduced the risk and treatment of sleep disorder, particular insomnia.
Insomnia is a sign and symptom of sleep disorder and defined as a condition in which a person has a difficulty falling asleep and/or staying asleep or sleep of poor quality that can lead to substantial impairments in the quality of life and functional capacity of an individual. Most adults have experienced insomnia sometimes in their life. According to statistic, more than 30% of the population suffers from insomnia, one in three people suffer from some form of insomnia during their lifetime and women suffer from insomnia more often than men.
Kiwifruit also best hnown as kiwi or Chinese gooseberry, is a species of A. chinensis belong to the family Actinidia, subgroup of the flavonoids and native to Southern China.
According to the Taipei Medical Uni-versity, kiwifruit consumption showed to improve sleep onset, duration, and efficiency in adults after 4 weeks(1).Also in animal study, Oral administration (125-1000mg/kg) of green (GRPE, Actinidia deliciosa) and gold (GOPE, Actinidia chinensis) induced decrease in sleep latency and an increase in sleep duration in pentobarbital-treated mice in a dose-dependent manner(2).
Melatonin intake can improve sleep quality, pain and pain threshold. According to the study by the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) in comparison with amitriptyline suggested that melatonin reduced significantly pain on pain score on the Visual Analog Scale compared with amitriptyline alone, through increased the inhibitory endogenous pain-modulating system(4)
In a clinical crossover study of 30 healthy volunteers consumed selected fruits one at a time, with a 1 week wash-out period between fruits, until completing all six fruits showed that consumption of some tropical fruits have significant effects on melatonin production(5).
Dr. Lyseng-Williamson KA in the assessement of aging and insomnia said." melatonin PR 2 mg 1-2 h before bedtime was associated with significant improvements relative to placebo in many sleep and daytime parameters, including sleepquality and latency, morning alertness and health-related quality of life"(3).
Pineapple is a species of Ananas Comos. belong to the family Bromeliaceae and native to southern Brazil and Paraguay. Today it is widely cultivated for commercial and its rich of vitamins and mineral and digesting enzyme bromelin which seems to help digestion at the end of a high protein meal. It is second only to banana as America's most favourite tropical fruit
Dr. Johns NP and colleagues at the Khon Kaen University said," selected fruits(pineapple, orange and banana) consumption may reduce age-related melatonin reduction problems such as sleeplessness and illnesses involving oxidative damage"(6).
Orange is a species of Citrus Sinensis, belong to the family Rutaceae and native to the Southeast Asia. Orange is round citrus fruits with finely-textured skins, orange in color and one of most popular fruits in the world.
The increased levels of melatonin content during alcoholic fermentation of orange juice may hold a key to attenuate the melatonin due to ageing(7).
Dr. Huang X and Dr. Mazza G. said," orange had the highest melatonin content" in the the direct analysis of initial methanol extracts was compared with further ethyl acetate extraction(8).
Taking altogether, intake of combination of pineapple, orange, banana and kiwifruit induced the production of melatonin of that improved the sleep pattern and reduced significantly pain on pain score may be beneficiary for treatment of insomnia.
People who are at risk of insomnia due to aging may drink one or 2 servings a day, people with
insomnia should drink as much as they can, depending to the digestive alternation.
All Forms of Arthritis are Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to General health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/general-health.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Effect of kiwifruit consumption on sleep quality in adults with sleep problems by Lin HH1, Tsai PS, Fang SC, Liu JF.(PubMed)
(2) Green and gold kiwifruit peel ethanol extracts potentiate pentobarbital-induced sleep in mice via a GABAergic mechanism by Yang H1, Lee YC, Han KS, Singh H, Yoon M, Park JH, Cho CW, Cho S.(PubMed)
(3) Melatonin prolonged release: in the treatment of insomnia in patients aged ≥55 years by Lyseng-Williamson KA1(PubMed)
(4) Melatonin analgesia is associated with improvement of the descending endogenous pain-modulating system infibromyalgia: a phase II, randomized, double-dummy, controlled trial BY de Zanette SA, Vercelino R, Laste G, Rozisky JR, Schwertner A, Machado CB, Xavier F, de Souza IC, Deitos A, Torres IL, Caumo W1.(PubMed)
(5) Use of complementary and alternative medical therapies by patients referred to a fibromyalgia treatment program at a tertiary care center by Wahner-Roedler DL1, Elkin PL, Vincent A, Thompson JM, Oh TH, Loehrer LL, Mandrekar JN, Bauer BA(PubMed)
(6) Dietary intake of melatonin from tropical fruit altered urinary excretion of 6-sulfatoxymelatonin in healthy volunteers by Johns NP1, Johns J, Porasuphatana S, Plaimee P, Sae-Teaw M.(PubMed)
(7) Alcoholic fermentation induces melatonin synthesis in orange juice by Fernández-Pachón MS1, Medina S, Herrero-Martín G, Cerrillo I, Berná G, Escudero-López B, Ferreres F, Martín F, García-Parrilla MC, Gil-Izquierdo A.(PubMed)
(8) Simultaneous analysis of serotonin, melatonin, piceid and resveratrol in fruits using liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry by Huang X1, Mazza G.(PubMed)