Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
The curable smoothie for reduced risk and treatment of Interstitial nephritis
Yield: 2 servings (about 8 ounces each)
1/4 cup flax seed
1 1/2 cups grape
1 cup green tea drink 1 cup green tea drink (Make from 4 grams(2 tea bags) of green tea, a slice of ginger and a cup of hot water lipped for 5 minutes, and set aside for cooling to room temperature)
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree about 1 minute
2. Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until the mixture is thick and the ice is well crushed. Add more green tea drink if needed
3. Serve immediately
Interstitial nephritis (or tubulo-interstitial nephritis) is a form of (inflammation)nephritis, affecting the interstitium(space between) of the kidneys surrounding the tubules
The finding the natural ingredients for treatment of Interstitial nephritis is considered as a dream of many scientist to replace the long usage adverse effect of conventional medicine to other organs in the body.
Unfortunately, many compounds found effective in initial studying failed to confirm the potential in large sample size and multi center.
Recent reports from numbers of well known institutions insisted, intake of flax seed(1), green tea(3) and grape(6)may be the next generation ingredient to be used on prevention and treatment of Interstitial nephritis. According to the University of Manitoba, dietary flax seed ameliorated Han:SPRD-cy rat polycystic kidney disease through moderation of the associated chronic interstitial nephritis(1).
Dr. Banković-Calić N and Dr. Ogbori MR, Nicman E. said, " Dietary protein restriction slows progression in numerous animal models of renal diseases. Flax seed has also demonstrated useful anti-inflammatory properties in a number of animal models and human diseases"(2).
Green tea has been a precious drink in traditional Chinese culture and used exceptional in socialization for more than 4000 thousand years. Due to its commercial values and health effects, green tea now has been cultivated all over the world in suitable climate. According to the joint study by the University of Niš, green tea induced the regeneration after renal injury and inflammation induced by gentamicin may be beneficial in the reduction of oxidative stress and changes caused by it primarily in renal tubules and interstitium(3) through improvement of antioxidant defense, tissue integrity and energy metabolism(4).
Furthermore, its phytochemical Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), may represent a potential strategy to reduce renal I/R injury induced inflammation by suppressing inflammation and cell apoptosis(5).
(1) Flaxseed ameliorates interstitial nephritis in rat polycystic kidney disease by Ogborn MR1, Nitschmann E, Weiler H, Leswick D, Bankovic-Calic N.(PubMed)
(2) [Effect of a modified low protein and low fat diet on histologic changes and metabolism in kidneys in an experimental model of polycystic kidney disease].[Article in Serbian] by Banković-Calić N1, Ogbori MR, Nicman E.(PubMed)
(3) Morphological and morphometric study of protective effect of green tea in gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats by Veljković M1, Pavlović DR2, Stojiljković N3, Ilić S3, Petrović A4, Jovanović I5, Radenković M3.(PubMed)
(4) Protective effect of green tea extract on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity and oxidative damage in rat kidney by Khan SA1, Priyamvada S, Farooq N, Khan S, Khan MW, Yusufi AN.(PubMed)
(5) Protective effect of epigallocatechin gallate, a major constituent of green tea, against renal ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats by Lv J1, Feng M, Zhang L, Wan X, Zeng YC, Liang PF, Xu AP.(PubMed)
(6) Resveratrol protects diabetic kidney by attenuating hyperglycemia-mediated oxidative stress and renalinflammatory cytokines via Nrf2-Keap1 signaling by Palsamy P1, Subramanian S.(PubMed)
(7) Resveratrol restored Nrf2 function, reduced renal inflammation, and mitigated hypertension in spontaneously hypertensive rats by Javkhedkar AA1, Quiroz Y2, Rodriguez-Iturbe B2, Vaziri ND3, Lokhandwala MF1, Banday AA4.(PubMed)