Pomegranates is a fruit-bearing small tree, genus Punica, belonging to family Lythraceae, native to Iran but has been cultivated in Asian since ancient time. According to the joint study led by the Indian Institute of Science, an acute dose of 5000 mg/kg in BALB/c mice of omegranate (Punica granatum) fruit peel inhibited the HCV NS3/4A protease activity in prevention and control of HCV induced complications(2).
The effectiveness of Avocado, Pomegranates juice, and Grape on Acute Hepatitis C may serve as cornerstones of pharmaceutical target for further studies in production of a potential medication for reduced risk treatment of Acute Hepatitis C with little or no adverse effects.
People who are at high risk of Acute Hepatitis C due to family history, weaken immune system,..... should drink at least one serving daily and people with Acute Hepatitis C should drink the smoothie as much as they can, depending to digestive toleration.
Life style and dietary patter change are recommended.
(1) Oxidative stress and benefits of antioxidant agents in acute and chronic hepatitis by Esrefoglu M1.(PubMed)
(2) Small molecule inhibitors of HCV replication from pomegranate by Reddy BU1, Mullick R2, Kumar A2, Sudha G3, Srinivasan N3, Das S1.(PubMed)
(3) Ebselen inhibits hepatitis C virus NS3 helicase binding to nucleic acid and prevents viral replication. by Mukherjee S1, Weiner WS, Schroeder CE, Simpson DS, Hanson AM, Sweeney NL, Marvin RK, Ndjomou J, Kolli R, Isailovic D, Schoenen FJ, Frick DN.(PubMed)
(4) The Protective Effect of Resveratrol on Concanavalin-A-Induced Acute Hepatic Injury in Mice by Zhou Y1, Chen K1, He L1, Xia Y1, Dai W1, Wang F1, Li J1, Li S1, Liu T1, Zheng Y1, Wang J2, Lu W2, Yin Q3, Zhou Y3, Lu J1, Teng H4, Guo C1.(PubMed)
(5) The effects of interferon-alpha on serum lipid peroxidation and total thiol content in patients with chronic activehepatitis-C. by Mutlu-Türkoglu U1, Ademoglu E, Türkoglu S, Badur S, Uysal M, Toker G.(PubMed)