Goodpasture syndrome is an autoimmune disorder, due to immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys healthy tissue of collagen in the lungs and kidneys. According to Medscape, Goodpasture syndrome is a term used to describe glomerulonephritis, with or without pulmonary hemorrhage(9).
1/2 cup olive
1 cup blueberry
1 cup green tea drink (Make from 4 grams of green tea, a slice of ginger and a cup of hot water lipped for 5 minutes, and let cool to room temperature)
The Shanghai Tenth People's Hospital of Tongji University study, suggested, EGCG pretreatment period significantly attenuated mortality and renal dysfunction in the progression of immune-mediated glomerulonephritis (GN) by targeting redox and inflammatory pathways(2).
Resveratrol, a phytochemical in the class of Stilbenoids, found abundantly in grape and blueberry reduced the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS), reduced cell apoptosis, and upregulated heme oxygenase 1 (HO1) in patients with Idiopathic membranous nephropathy (MN)(4).
Life style and diet pattern change are necessary.
(1) Glomerulonephritis therapy: is there a role for green tea? by Turner JE1.(PubMed)
(2) The green tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate ameliorates experimental immune-mediated glomerulonephritis by Peng A1, Ye T, Rakheja D, Tu Y, Wang T, Du Y, Zhou JK, Vaziri ND, Hu Z, Mohan C, Zhou XJ.(PubMed)
(3) Green tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate restores Nrf2 activity and ameliorates crescentic glomerulonephritis by Ye T1, Zhen J2, Du Y3, Zhou JK4, Peng A5, Vaziri ND6, Mohan C3, Xu Y7, Zhou XJ8.(PubMed)
(4) Resveratrol ameliorates renal damage, increases expression of heme oxygenase-1, and has anti-complement, anti-oxidative, and anti-apoptotic effects in a murine model of membranous nephropathy by Wu CC1, Huang YS2, Chen JS3, Huang CF4, Su SL5, Lu KC6, Lin YF7, Chu P3, Lin SH3, Sytwu HK8.(PubMed)
(5) Resveratrol possesses protective effects in a pristane-induced lupus mouse model by Wang ZL1, Luo XF1, Li MT1, Xu D1, Zhou S1, Chen HZ2, Gao N1, Chen Z1, Zhang LL1, Zeng XF1.(PubMed)
(6) [Effect of treating glomerulonephritis with omega 3 fatty acids for selected parameters of hemostasis, blood platelet function and lipid metabolism].[Article in Polish] by Małyszko JS1, Małyszko J, Pawlak K, Myśliwiec M.(PubMed)
(7) [The effect of administering Omega-3 acids on lipids in serum, functional state of erythrocyte membrane and function of the kidneys in patients with primary glomerulonephritis].[Article in Polish] by Fox J1, Manitius J, Debska-Slizień A, Rutkowski B, Nowak J, Bautembach S, Owczarzak A.(PubMed)
(8) Goodpasture Syndrome by Author: Pranay Kathuria, MD; Chief Editor: Vecihi Batuman, MD, FACP, FASN(Medscape)