Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
The smoothie for prevention and treatment of Graves' disease
Yield: 2 servings (about 8 ounce each)
1/4 cup sesame seed
1 1/4 cup sweet potato
1 cup rice milk
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree about 1 minute
2. Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until the mixture is thick and the ice is well crushed.
3. Serve immediately
The finding of a natural source for reduced risk of Graves' disease has encountered many obstacles, many ingredients showed initially the promising result in animal studies have not produced same potentials in large sample size and mutli centers human trials.
Graves' disease is defined as a condition of auto immune diaereses induced a swelling of the neck and protrusion of the eyes as a result of over active thyroid in over production of thyroid hormone.
Recent studies filed by well know institutions suggested that vitamin E and coenzyme Q found abundantly in Sweet Potato and Sweet Potato and Selenium found in Brazil nut may be next therapeutic and potential ingredients from natural sources for reduced risk and treatment of Graves' disease. According to the Fujita Health University School of Medicine, vitamin E and coenzyme Q as scavengers play some role in thyroid follicular cell hyperfunction or dysfunction(1).
Fujita Health University School of Medicine study also supported the effectiveness free radical scavengers in reduced the risk of Graves' disease(2).
Selenium,found abundantly in Brazil nut, may also be effective as a free radical antioxidant
in reduced risk and treatment of Graves' disease(4). According to the Hospital Israelita EZRAH, selenium also ameliorated oxidative stress in correlation with signs and symptoms of hyperthyroidism(5).
The Smoothie of Sesame Seed, Sweet Potato and Brazil Nut may hold a key for further studies in production of curable natural remedy in reduced risk and treatment of Graves' disease
People who are at increased risk of Graves' disease due to family history, ... should drink at least one cup or more daily and People with Graves' disease should drink as much as they can, depending to the digestive toleration.
(1) Vitamin E and coenzyme Q concentrations in the thyroid tissues of patients with various thyroid disorders by Mano T1, Iwase K, Hayashi R, Hayakawa N, Uchimura K, Makino M, Nagata M, Sawai Y, Oda N, Hamada M, Aono T, Nakai A, Nagasaka A,Itoh M.(PubMed)
(2) Changes in free radical scavengers and lipid peroxide in thyroid glands of various thyroid disorders by Mano T1, Shinohara R, Iwase K, Kotake M, Hamada M, Uchimuro K, Hayakawa N, Hayashi R, Nakai A, Ishizuki Y, Nagasaka A(PubMed)
(3) Oxidative stress and anti-oxidant metabolites in patients with hyperthyroidism: effect of treatment by Bianchi G1, Solaroli E, Zaccheroni V, Grossi G, Bargossi AM, Melchionda N, Marchesini G.(PubMed)
(4) Supplementation with antioxidants in the treatment of Graves' disease; the effect on glutathione peroxidase activity and concentration of selenium by Vrca VB1, Skreb F, Cepelak I, Romic Z, Mayer L.(PubMed)