Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
The smoothie for prevention and treatment of Chronic Kidney disease, including Mesoamerican nephropathy
Yield: 2 servings (about 8 ounces each)
1/ 2 Brazil nut
1 cup water
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree about 1 minute
2. Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until the mixture is thick and the ice is well crushed.
3. Serve immediately
Mesoamerican nephropathy is a chronic kidney disease of unknown cause, emerging in the last decade in Central America, inducing chronic tubulointerstitial disease with associated secondary glomerulosclerosis and some signs of glomerular ischemia(9).
The finding of a natural source for treatment of Mesoamerican nephropathy is a chronic kidney disease has been running into many obstacles, many ingredients showed initially with promising result in animal studies have not produced same potentials in large sample size and mutli centers human trials.
Chronic Kidney disease is defined as a condition of the progression loss of kidney function over period of many years. Stage of chronic kidney disease according to the National Kidney Foundation's Kidney Disease Outcomes Quality Initiative (KDOQ). According to the George Institute for Global
Health, The presence of antioxidant may induced some benefits, particularly in those on dialysis(1).
Dr. Zachara BA said, "Oxidative stress plays a key role in numerous disease processes including chronic kidney disease (CKD). In general, oxygen metabolism leads to the formation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) dangerous to cells"(2).
Selenium, found abundantly in Brazil nut, was effectively in ameliorated oxidative stress and inflammation in hemodialysis (HD) patients, after 12 months through attenuated 8-isoprostane, 8-OHdG, the free radicals and cytokines, increased and the activity of GPx and expressed selenium plasma levels(3).
According to the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ), hemodialysis (HD) patients may be benefits in consumption of Brazil nut in 3 months as the study insisted that the procedure not only is effective against the inflammation, oxidative stress markers, and the atherogenic risk, but also improved the antioxidant defenses in HD patients(4).
Honey, the rich golden liquid is the miraculous product made by bees using nectar from flowers. It is considered as one of healthy sweet food for replacing the use of white sugar and artificial sweetener by many people. may also process the property as an antioxidant in reduced the expression of oxidative stress. According to the Universiti Sains Malaysia, "administered alone or in combination with conventional therapy, honey might be a novel antioxidant in the management of chronic diseases commonly associated with oxidative stress"(5).
Dr,. Johnson DW and colleagues suggested, honey may also be effective against antibiotic-resistant microorganisms induced hemodialysis catheters infection of HD patients, topically(6).
Omega 3 fatty acids found abundantly in olive may be used conjunction with a cholesterol-lowering medication atorvastatin for treatment of chronic kidney disease (CKD)(7).
treatment of omega-3 FA-supplemented group after 6 months expressed a clinical benefit of increased vitamin D, fetuin-A levels, and modified erythrocyte membrane FA contents in dialysis patients of that reduced risk complications of vascular calcification and cardiovascular disease.
The finding of the effectiveness of Brazil Nut, Olive and Honey may serve as cornerstones of pharmaceutical target for further studies as well as a potential medication for treatment of Chronic Kidney disease, including Mesoamerican nephropathy.
People who are at increased risk of Chronic Kidney disease, including Mesoamerican nephropathy, due to family history, obesity, diabetes,....should drink the juices at least one a day. People with Chronic Kidney disease, including Mesoamerican nephropathy. should drink the juice as much as as they can depending to digestive toleration.
All Forms of Arthritis are Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to General health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/general-health.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Antioxidants for chronic kidney disease by Jun M1, Venkataraman V, Razavian M, Cooper B, Zoungas S, Ninomiya T, Webster AC, Perkovic V.(PubMed)
(2) Selenium and selenium-dependent antioxidants in chronic kidney disease by Zachara BA1.(PubMed)
(3) A follow-up study of the chronic kidney disease patients treated with Brazil nut: focus on inflammation and oxidative stress by Stockler-Pinto MB1, Malm O, Moraes C, Farage NE, Silva WS, Cozzolino SM, Mafra D.(PubMed)
(4) Brazil nut (Bertholletia excelsa, H.B.K.) improves oxidative stress and inflammation biomarkers in hemodialysis patients. by Stockler-Pinto MB1, Mafra D, Moraes C, Lobo J, Boaventura GT, Farage NE, Silva WS, Cozzolino SF, Malm O.(PubMed)
(5) Honey: a novel antioxidant by Erejuwa OO1, Sulaiman SA, Ab Wahab MS.(PubMed)
(6) Randomized, controlled trial of topical exit-site application of honey (Medihoney) versus mupirocin for the prevention of catheter-associated infections in hemodialysis patients by Johnson DW1, van Eps C, Mudge DW, Wiggins KJ, Armstrong K, Hawley CM, Campbell SB, Isbel NM, Nimmo GR, Gibbs H.(PubMed)
(7) Patient with hypertriglyceridemia, type 2 diabetes, and chronic kidney disease treated with atorvastatin andomega-3 Fatty Acid ethyl esters by Athyros VG1, Mikhailidis DP.(PubMed)