Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
The smoothie for prevention and treatment of Lung cancer (Non-small-cell lung cancer)
Yield: 2 servings (about 8 ounces each)
1/2 cup carrot
1 tangerine with peel on
1 cup green tea drink (Make from 4 grams of green tea and a cup of hot water lipped for 5 minutes, and let cool to room temperature)
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree about 1 minute
2. Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until the mixture is thick and the ice is well crushed.
3. Serve immediately
The finding of a natural source for treatment of Lung cancer (Non-small-cell lung cancer) has been running into many obstacles, many ingredients showed initially with promising result in animal studies have not produced same potentials in large sample size and mutli centers human trials.
Lung cancer is defined as a condition of the abnormal growth of the cells in the lung's tissue. Most common form of primary lung cancers are derived from epithelial cells. In Us, Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths, causing 158,683 people deaths, including 88,329 men and 70,354 women, according to 2007 statistic. Non-small cell lung cancer is the most common type of lung cancer. It usually grows and spreads methodically and predictably,
Vitamin A, found abundantly in carrot, is associated to reduced risk of lung cancer in smokers through vitamin A expression(1).
Epidemiological study suggested that Tangeretin has long been found to consist the ability in inhibition of apoptosis of human gastric cancer AGS cells through extrinsic and intrinsic signaling pathways (such as P53 antigen and caspase activation).
Tangeretin, a major phytochemicals in tangerine peels, in vitro and in vivo exhibited anti lung cancer effects through induced CL1-5 cell apoptosis and autophagy and inhibited NSCLC cell proliferation, and induce G(2)/M phase arrest and via the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway and autophagy(6)
In support of the finding, Dr. Charoensinphon N and the research team at the University of Massachusetts suggested, in comparison of the effects of Tangeretin (TAN) and 5-demethyltangeretin (5DT) on three human nonsmall cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cells, 5DT inhibited NSCLC cell growth by inducing G2/M cell cycle arrest and apoptosismuch stronger than the phytochemical TAN(7).
(1) Estimated intake of vitamin D and its interaction with vitamin A on lung cancer risk among smokers. by Cheng TY1, Goodman GE, Thornquist MD, Barnett MJ, Beresford SA, LaCroix AZ, Zheng Y, Neuhouser ML(PubMed)
(2) Inhibition of RAC1-GEF DOCK3 by miR-512-3p contributes to suppression of metastasis in non-small cell lung cancer. by Zhu X1, Gao G2, Chu K1, Yang X1, Ren S2, Li Y1, Wu H1, Huang Y3, Zhou C2.(PubMed)
(3) Vitamin A (retinol) downregulates the receptor for advanced glycation endproducts (RAGE) by oxidant-dependent activation of p38 MAPK and NF-kB in human lung cancer A549 cells. by de Bittencourt Pasquali MA1, Gelain DP, Zeidán-Chuliá F, Pires AS, Gasparotto J, Terra SR, Moreira JC.(PubMed)
(4) Green tea catechin, epigallocatechin-3-gallate, attenuates the cell viability of human non-small-cell lung cancer A549 cells via reducing Bcl-xL expression by Sonoda JI1, Ikeda R2, Baba Y3, Narumi K1, Kawachi A1, Tomishige E1, Nishihara K1, Takeda Y2, Yamada K4, Sato K5, Motoya T1.(PubMed)
(5) Role of Ku70 and Bax in epigallocatechin-3-gallate-induced apoptosis of A549 cells in vivo by Li JJ1, Gu QH, Li M, Yang HP, Cao LM, Hu CP.(PubMed)
(6) Tangeretin Derivative, 5-Acetyloxy-6,7,8,4'-tetramethoxyflavone Induces G2/M arrest, Apoptosis and Autophagy in Human Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Cells In vitro and In vivo by
(7) 5-demethyltangeretin inhibits human nonsmall cell lung cancer cell growth by inducing G2/M cell cycle arrest and apoptosis by Charoensinphon N1, Qiu P, Dong P, Zheng J, Ngauv P, Cao Y, Li S, Ho CT, Xiao H.(PubMed)