Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
The smoothie for reduced risk and treatment of hypothyroidism in Pregnancy
Yield: 2 servings (about 8 ounces each)
1/2 cup sweet potato
1/2 cup carrot
1/ 1/2 cups of low fat cow milk
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree about 1 minute
2. Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until the mixture is thick and the ice is well crushed.
3. Serve immediately
The finding of a natural source for reduced risk and treatment of hypothyroidism has encountered many obstacles, many ingredients showed initially the promising result in animal studies have not produced same potentials in either large sample size and mutli centers human trials.
Scientists in some well known institutions may have found the therapeutic and potential ingredients from natural sources for reduced risk and treatment of hypothyroidism.
Hypothyroidism is a condition of abnormal of thyroid function with under production of thyroid hormones, affecting the modulation of oxidative stress and antioxidant defense system, decreasing levels of vitamin E and increasing levels ROS of malondialdehyde and myeloperoxidase activities(1).
Vitamin E, a powerful free radical scavenger found abundantly in sweet potato may be potential for reduced risk and treatment of hypothyroidism through reduced hippocampus apoptosis by improving oxidative stress when use conjunction with Levothyroxine replacement therapy(2).
According to the Uludag University Medical Faculty, oral administration of vitamin E attenuated the expression of hypothyroidism accompanied with increased oxidative stress(3).
Dr. Subudhi U and Dr. Chainy GB. said, " Administration of vitamin E and curcumin enhanced mitochondrial GSH level; whereas the enhanced GSH level in PMF of hypothyroid rats was alleviated by vitamin E. Thus it can be concluded that besides the antioxidant role of vitamin E and curcumin, they also regulate hepatic antioxidant gene expression in hypothyroid rats"(4).
Vitamin A and its retinoid derivates found abundantly in carrot, is best known for its function in regulation of normal growth and development. According to the Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, oral administration of vitamin E supplement significantly ameliorated serum TSH concentrations and risk of subclinical hypothyroidism in pre menopausal women(5).
Dr. Zimmermann MB said, " Recent VA(Vitmin A) and iodine depletion studies in rats indicate moderate VAD alone has no measurable effect on the pituitary-thyroid axis; however, concurrent iodine deficiency (ID) and VAD produce more severe primary hypothyroidism than ID alone"(6).
Furthermore, in concurrent vitamin A (VA) deficiency (VAD), iodine deficiency (ID), vitamin A supplement(VAS), independent of iodine repletion, reduced thyroid hyperstimulation and size, mediated through the effects of VA on pituitary TSHbeta gene expression involved abnormally low levels of thyroid hormones(7).
Patients with hypothyroidism is associated to lower levels of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D in comparison to health controls(8). and the increased levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D in the hypothyroid patients contributed in the regulation of steroid hormone synthesis(9).
The smoothie of Sweet Potato, Carrot and Low Fat Cow Milk may hold a key for further studies in production of effective natural ingredients for prevention and treatment of hypothyroidism in pregnancy.
All Forms of Arthritis are Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to General health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/general-health.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) The effect of hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, and their treatment on parameters of oxidative stress and antioxidant status by Erdamar H1, Demirci H, Yaman H, Erbil MK, Yakar T, Sancak B, Elbeg S, Biberoğlu G, Yetkin I.(PubMed)
(2) Levothyroxine replacement therapy with vitamin E supplementation prevents the oxidative stress and apoptosis in hippocampus of hypothyroid rats by Guo Y1, Wan SY2, Zhong X1, Zhong MK3, Pan TR1.(PubMed)
(3) Oxidative stress and serum paraoxonase activity in experimental hypothyroidism: effect of vitamin Esupplementation by Sarandöl E1, Taş S, Dirican M, Serdar Z.(PubMed)
(4) Curcumin and vitamin E modulate hepatic antioxidant gene expression in PTU-induced hypothyroid rats by Subudhi U1, Chainy GB.(PubMed)
(5) The effect of vitamin A supplementation on thyroid function in premenopausal women by Farhangi MA1, Keshavarz SA, Eshraghian M, Ostadrahimi A, Saboor-Yaraghi AA.(PubMed)
(6) Interactions of vitamin A and iodine deficiencies: effects on the pituitary-thyroid axis by Zimmermann MB1.(PubMed)
(7) Vitamin A repletion in rats with concurrent vitamin A and iodine deficiency affects pituitary TSHbeta gene expression and reduces thyroid hyperstimulation and thyroid size. by Biebinger R1, Arnold M, Langhans W, Hurrell RF, Zimmermann MB.(PubMed)
(8) Effect of vitamin D3 loading and thyroid hormone replacement therapy on the decreased serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D level in patients with hypothyroidism by Bársony J, Lakatos P, Földes J, Fehér T.(PubMed)
(9) Effect of vitamin D3 loading and thyroid hormone replacement therapy on the decreased serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D level in patients with hypothyroidism by Bársony J, Lakatos P, Földes J, Fehér T.(PubMed)